The mission of the Museum of Technology and the Textile Industry, founded in 1979, is to collect artefacts linked with the wool industry in the Bielsko-Biała region. The items in the largest collection in the Old Cloth Factory include machinery and tools used in spinning, weaving, cloth-making and millinery, laboratory equipment, bobbins and rollers for printing fabrics, prospectuses and company papers, and an extensive collection of fabric samples from local factories. The museum’s collections quickly expanded to include items used in other fields of technology, although this has since been halted due to a shortage of space and the institution’s increased focus on documenting the history of industry in the region. The closed collection includes knitting machines, household appliances (including irons), over a hundred radios, many televisions, gramophones and tape recorders, vinyl records, sewing, writing and counting machines, and sports kit, mainly for skiing. There is also some firefighting equipment and a collection of electrical goods donated by a private individual, including antique lightbulb fittings, fuses, isolators, sockets, switches and lightbulbs. The museum holds a technical library of 19th and 20th century publications on weaving technology and annals of Polish trade and industry from 1934 and 1938. Library visits with prior arrangement.